The OPEN Government Data Act signed into law in January, 2019, recognizes the importance of government transparency and collaboration with its citizens.
FTC's Open Government Plan
Learn More About Open Government
The Federal Trade Commission has made available the following data sets:
- FTC Nonmerger Enforcement Actions
- FTC Merger Enforcement Actions
- BC Civil Penalty Actions
- BCP Civil Penalty Actions
- HSR Merger Filings by Month
- HSR Transactions Filings and Second Requests by Fiscal Year
- Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book
- Product Service Codes for the Consumer Sentinel Network
- DNC Data Book
Application Programming Interface (API)
An API is a means of offering a dataset so web developers can query, gather, and manipulate the data via their own applications or systems. Federal government agencies are encouraged to take a machine-readable approach to providing information by making high-value data and content available through Web APIs, supporting open standards and interoperability. Providing this information through Web APIs makes data assets freely available for use within agencies, between agencies, in the private sector, and by citizens.
The Federal Trade Commission currently offers an API endpoint for Early Termination Notices, which are related to the Hart-Scott-Rodino (HSR) Act’s requirements for companies concerning mergers and acquisitions. See the technical details for the HSR Early Termination Notices API endpoint.
Records and Reports
Annual Web Measurement and Customization Technologies Review
- The FTC’s Chief Privacy Officer and Privacy Steering Committee have reviewed and verified the continued accuracy of the FTC’s cookie notice for FY 2018.
This website makes use of the Google Analytics web measurement software provided by the General Services Administration's Digital Analytics Program. For more information, see the Google Analytics Privacy Impact Assessment.
Give us your thoughts on how we can better
- develop our Open Government Plan
- prioritize information for publication
- improve the availability and quality of published information
You can send your feedback to [email protected]